Mangat Dental Center in San Jose
What are some of the causes of Bad Breath?
- Several different factors can cause bad breath. Ranging from stomach problems, a poor diet, to poor habits, most causes are found in the mouth. They include:
- Tongue (when bacteria grows in between the papilla)
- Teeth Cavities (especially when food particles get stuck in them)
- Gum Disease
- Extraction sites during healing
- Not cleaning Dentures properly
- Alcohol and Tobacco use
What does Bad Breath Treatment entail?
If you or someone you know is concerned about bad breath, the first step is a dental check up. At Mangat Dental Center in San Jose, Dr. Mangat will complete a quick evaluation and assess what treatment method is most suitable.
After finding the cause, treatment can be determined. If the source of bad breath is in your mouth, there is little chance that mouth washes or mints can treat the problem. They usually mask the problem for a short period of time, and can sometimes even exacerbate the situation as mouthwashes that contain alcohol cause dry mouth and usually make bad breath worse.
If the source of bad breath is in your mouth, Dr. Mangat will generally recommend a deep cleaning, which can be completed during your visit to Mangat Dental Center. However, if the source is determined to be the throat, you will receive a referral to a superior ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) specialist who will be able to further assess and treat the issue.
Click here to return to our Services
If you are in need of an experienced San Jose Dentist, click here to make an appointment or call 408-272-2424 today!