Mangat Dental Center in San Jose
Root Canal Surgery
- Swelling, minor pain and/or skin discoloration may be experienced following the surgical procedure. This will be temporary.
- In order to keep the swelling to a minimum, use an ice pack for the first few hours after surgery (on for 10 minutes and off for 5 minutes).
- The day after the surgery, use lukewarm water rinses for the treated area following each meal. This should continue for the first 3 days following the surgical procedure.
- Eat only soft foods. Avoid hard and chewy foods.
- Get plenty of rest and ensure a normal intake of food, especially liquids such as fruit juices, soup, and milk. Use a vitamin supplement if desired. Try not to sleep on the operated area for 2-3 days.
- DO NOT raise your lips with your fingers to inspect the treated area.
- DO NOT brush teeth near the surgical site. DO brush teeth in the rest of your mouth.
- There is often a temporary loss of feeling in the operated area, and the tooth may feel loose.
- Take all prescribed medication as per instructions.
- Should any difficulties occur, do not hesitate to call our office anytime. Feel free to call in with any additional questions or concerns as well. In case of serious emergencies, call 911.
Click here to return to Patient Resources
Click here to view our Services
If you are in need of an experienced San Jose Dentist, click here to make an appointment or call 408-272-2424 today!