Mangat Dental Center in San Jose
Post-Op: Implant Surgery
- You may experience some discomfort and bleeding the day of the surgery.
- Take all prescribed medication as per instructions.
- Apply an ice bag on your face over the surgical site on the day of surgery for 10 minutes on and 5 minutes off.
- Keep your next appointment on time for removal of sutures and follow up checks.
- DO NOT raise your lips with your fingers to inspect the treated area.
- DO NOT brush teeth near the surgical site. DO brush teeth in the rest of your mouth.
- There is often a temporary loss of feeling in the operated area, and the tooth may feel loose.
- Do not smoke, spit, or use a straw on the day of the surgery (avoid smoking for a few days after the surgery as this hinders the healing process).
- Should any difficulties occur, do not hesitate to call our office anytime. Feel free to call in with any additional questions or concerns as well. In case of serious emergencies, call 911.
Click here to return to Patient Resources
Click here to view our Services
If you are in need of an experienced San Jose Dentist, click here to make an appointment or call 408-272-2424 today!